Clocks and succulents part 2
Happy Wednesday everybody! This week I am showing you how I finished up the clocks and succulents I started last week. So let's do the clocks first. As I mentioned last week, my dad had ordered some more drill bits to get the right sized hole in the plate clocks and those came in so we were able to drill into the plates. I then added the clock mechanisms I had previously bought. Then the general consensus was that the clocks needed something to finish them off and my dad found some cheap gold clock numbers that were sold at Hobby Lobby. My dad really came through for this craft! The numbers were adhesive, but I was worried that the adhesive may not have been strong enough so added a tiny bit of SuperGlue behind each number before adding it to the plate. I will say that I didn't add theses numbers perfectly, but I tried my best. As I think ornate clocks like this are more meant for decoration rather than actual accurate time-telling, I figured it would be okay! Here the plates are all done. The gold numbers really finished them off!
So as I said last week, I was basically done the baking pan clocks, but felt that they needed a little something more. I had the idea to add buttons in place of numbers and my mother suggested that I add some string tied into each button to finish them off because, in her own words, she doesn't like a naked button. I haven't added the string yet, but here is the general idea for what I'd like to do to complete the baking pan clocks.
I will obviously be using appropriately colored buttons for the baking pan clock with flowered paper, but that's the plan! I am so happy with these clocks as they've been something that I want to try for a long time.
I also put together the succulents that I showed you all the supplies for last week. I was originally planning to make 4-5 with the empty candle jars I had, but decided I wanted a little more variety so I ended up using two candle jars and two mason jars. For each succulent, I started by adding sand to the bottom of the jar. Then I added rocks, topped that with fake moss and finished off with the fake succulents.
I also used some hot glue to adhere a few of the bottoms of the succulent leaves to the tops of the jars so that wouldn't move around. I then knew I wanted to tie something around the jars, but wasn't sure what. I tried both twine and ribbon, but neither of those really looked right. I ended up deciding on strips of fabric and tulle wrapped around each jar. And here the four succulent jars are all finished up!
Let me know what you think about these crafts now that I've (mostly) finished them up!
7/10/2019 05:58:17 pm
Nicely done. The numbers are the perfect finishing touch for the plate clocks. Correct - no nekkid buttons!
Leave a Reply.
I am a 26-year-old crafter and baker from New Hampshire!